MEGAMUX-8EN device is an Ethernet inverse multiplexer with 8 x E1 (G.703 2048kbit/s) interfaces. It allows connection of Ethernet network using one to sixteen E1 channels aggregating their band. Joining of E1 streams into a common transmission channel is based on inverse multiplexation with in-built mechanisms adapting differences in times of transferring packages in separate lines. By using 8 E1 channels, it is possible to obtain the maximum throughput of 16.384 Mbit/s for Ethernet packages. The malfunction of a single E1 channel, regardless of a direction, causes its automatic switch off and no loss of packages. In case the line is back in operation, such a condition is automatically detected by the device and the transmission in the channel is restored.
• Point-to-point working mode: Connection of two GigabitEthernet LANs over up to eight E1 lines (16,384 Mbit/s)
• Point-to-multipoint working mode: As nconcentrator, collect traffic from different LANsconnected by E1 lines
• Built-in 6-port Gigabit Ethernet switch (4 electrical ports and 2 SFP ports) IEEE 802.1q, 802.1QinQ, 802.1p and DSCP/ToS QoS support
• Automatic E1 channel failure detection
• Management: SNMP, WWW, TELNET
• Optional power supply redundancy