Regulations of the BitStream online store
We are a Polish producer of professional data, voice and video transmission devices for telecommunications, energy, security systems, industrial automation and others.
Our mission is constant development of competence, technology and quality of offered products. By cooperating with us, you get devices of the highest quality.
So many words of introduction, now it’s time for formalities. At the beginning, the registration data of the store owner: BitStream Sp. z o.o., ul. Mełgiewska 7/9, 20-209 Lublin, NIP: 946-250-85-88, KRS: 0000266288, registration court: District Court in Lublin, 11th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, share capital: PLN 60,000.00.
Below you can find the regulations of our online store, which contains information, including about the method of placing an order and conclusion of a sales contract, available methods of payment and delivery, order fulfillment, the possibility of withdrawal from the contract, complaint procedure.
Remember that you can contact us at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Greetings and enjoy your shopping
The BitStream online store team
§ 1 – Definitions
For the purposes of these Regulations, the following meanings are taken as follows:
1) Consumer – a natural person who concludes a sales contract with the Seller not related directly to its business or professional activity,
2) Buyer – a natural person, legal person or disabled legal person,
3) PayPal – an electronic payment system belonging to PayPal (Europe) S.à.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349),
4) PayU – an electronic payment system belonging to the PayU SA company with its registered office in Poznań, 60-166 Poznań, at ul. Grunwaldzka 182; PayU SA is a national payment institution, supervised by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, entered into the Register of payment services under number IP1 / 2012, entered into the register of entrepreneurs kept by the District Court in Poznań – Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań, 8th Commercial Department of the National Court Register under number KRS 0000274399, with share capital in the amount of PLN 4,744,000, fully paid up, with the tax identification number NIP: 779-23-08-495, REGON 300523444
5) Regulations – these regulations, available at https: // ………….,
6) Shop – online store available at https: // ………….,
7) Seller – BitStream Limited Liability Company, ul. Mełgiewska
7/9, 20-209 Lublin, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under number 0000266288, whose registration file is kept by the District Court in Lublin, XI Economic Department of the National Court Register, NIP: 946-250-85-88, share capital: 60,000, PLN 00.
§ 2 – Preliminary provisions
- Through the Store, the Seller conducts sales, at the same time providing electronic services to the Buyers. Through the Store, the Buyer may purchase products displayed on the Store’s website.
- The Regulations define the terms and conditions of using the Store, as well as the rights and obligations of the Seller and the Buyers.
- To use the Store, in particular to make a purchase in the Store, it is not necessary to meet specific technical conditions by a computer or other device of the Buyer. The following are sufficient:
1) access to the Internet,
2) standard operating system,
3) standard internet browser,
4) having an active e-mail address.
- The Buyer may not purchase the Store anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- It is forbidden to use the Store to provide unlawful content, in particular by sending such content via forms available in the Store.
- All product prices given on the Store’s website are gross prices.
§ 3 – Services provided electronically
- Through the Store, the Seller provides electronic services to the Buyer.
- The basic service provided electronically to the Buyer by the Seller is to enable the Buyer to place an order in the Store. Placing an order is possible without creating an account in the store.
- If the Buyer decides to open an account in the Store, the Seller also provides the Buyer with an electronic service consisting in creating and maintaining an account in the Store. The account stores the Buyer’s data and the history of orders placed by him in the Store. The buyer logs into the Account using his e-mail address and the password he has defined.
- Creating an account in the Store is done by completing and sending, using the automatic mechanism of the Store, a registration form. At the moment of sending the registration form, a contract for keeping an account in the store is concluded between the Buyer and the Seller. The contract is concluded for an indefinite period, and the Buyer may terminate the contract with immediate effect at any time, removing account.
- An account for keeping an account in the Store may also be terminated with immediate effect by the Seller if the Buyer uses the Store in a manner contrary to the law, good practices or the Regulations, in particular when the Buyer:
1) uses the Store in a way that disturbs the functioning of the Store,
2) uses the Store in a way that hinders the use of the Store to other users,
3) provided false personal data in the account,
4) sends unlawful content via the forms available in the Store, in particular vulgar, offensive, discriminatory, inciting to aggression or hatred.
- Services are provided electronically to the Buyer free of charge. On the other hand, sales contracts made through the Store are paid off
- In order to ensure the Buyer’s safety and transfer of data in connection with the use of the Store, the Seller shall take technical and organizational measures appropriate to the degree of security threat to the services provided, in particular measures to prevent the acquisition and modification of personal data by unauthorized persons.
- The Seller takes steps to ensure that the Store functions properly. The Buyer should inform the Seller about any irregularities or interruptions in the functioning of the Store.
- Any complaints related to the functioning of the Store, the Buyer may submit via e-mail to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In the complaint, the Buyer should provide the name and surname, address for correspondence, as well as the type and date of irregularities related to the functioning of the Store. The seller will consider all complaints within 14 days of receipt of the complaint and will inform the customer about its settlement to the e-mail address of the complaining party
§ 4 – Order
- The Buyer may place the order as a registered customer or as a guest.
- A registered customer is a Buyer who has an account in the Store. The buyer can set up an account from the “Registration” tab or when placing an order.
- In order to place an order, the Buyer is obliged to take the following steps:
1) choose the product or products being the subject of the order by clicking the “Add to basket” button,
2) go to the basket view,
3) read the contents of the basket, give the discount code (if the buyer has one) and click on the “Go to checkout” button,
4) fill out the order form, providing the data necessary to perform the order,
5) choose the payment method for the order,
7) click on the “Buy and pay” button.
- If the Buyer chose the PayU electronic payment, after clicking the “Buy and pay” button, the Buyer will be transferred to the PayU transaction website to make the payment for the order. After making the payment, the Buyer will be redirected to the Store’s website confirming the order. With this moment, the contract for the sale of products covered by the order is considered to be concluded between the Buyer and the Seller.
- If the Buyer has chosen PayPal’s electronic payment, after clicking the “Buy and pay” button, the Buyer will be transferred to the PayPal transaction website to make the payment for the order. After making the payment, the Buyer will be redirected to the Store’s website confirming the order. With this moment, the contract for the sale of products covered by the order is considered to be concluded between the Buyer and the Seller.
- If the Buyer has chosen a different method of payment than an electronic payment, after clicking the “Buy and pay” button he will be presented with the page confirming the order. With this moment, the contract for the sale of products covered by the order is considered to be concluded between the Buyer and the Seller.
- The Buyer must provide true personal data in the order form. The buyer is liable for providing false personal data. The Seller reserves the right to suspend the execution of the order in a situation where the Buyer provided false data or if the data raises legitimate doubts of the Seller as to their correctness. In this case, the Buyer will be informed by phone or e-mail about doubts of the Seller. In such a situation, the Buyer has the right to explain all circumstances related to the verification of the truthfulness of the data provided. In the absence of data allowing the Seller to contact the Buyer, the Seller will provide any explanations after the Buyer has made contact.
- The Buyer declares that all data provided by him in the order form are true, while the Seller is not obliged to verify their accuracy and correctness, although he has such permission in accordance with paragraph. 7 above.
§ 5 – Delivery forms and payment methods
- Orders placed in the Store are delivered to the Buyers via the courier UPS and DHL.
- The cost of delivery shall be borne by the Buyer, unless the Seller specifies otherwise in the Store. The cost of delivery depends on the location given by the Buyer and is presented to the Buyer at the stage of ordering.
- W Sklepie dostępne są następujące metody płatności za zamówienie:
- przelew na rachunek bankowy Sprzedawcy,
- płatność elektroniczna PayU,
- płatność elektroniczna PayPal,
- kredyt kupiecki – tylko dla Kupujących posiadających konto w Sklepie po uprzednim dokonaniu stosownych ustaleń ze Sprzedawcą.
§ 6 – Execution of the contract
- After placing the order by the Buyer in accordance with the procedure described in § 4 of the Regulations, an order confirmation will be sent to the buyer’s e-mail address.
- If the Buyer chose payment by bank transfer to the Seller’s bank account, he should pay for the order within 7 days of placing the order or individual if it was defined by the producer. In this situation, making the payment is a condition of joining the order.
- Order processing consists in its preparation for shipment to the Buyer. The order is considered completed when the order is prepared for shipment.
- The order delivery time should not exceed 120 days. The order processing time is counted from the time of payment for the order, unless the buyer chose the payment method in the form of a trade credit – in this case the time of order processing is counted from the time the contract is concluded.
- After completing the order, the Seller will send to the Buyer’s e-mail address confirmation of the order and will begin shipping the order to the Buyer.
§ 7 – Consumer’s withdrawal from the contract
- A consumer who has concluded a distance contract with the Seller has the right to withdraw from the contract without giving a reason within 14 days from the day the consumer takes possession of the item or a third party designated by the Consumer other than the carrier.
- In order to withdraw from the contract, the Consumer must inform the Seller about his decision to withdraw from the contract by an unequivocal statement – for example, a letter sent by post or e-mail.
- The consumer may use the model withdrawal form available at https: // …………, however, it is not mandatory.
- In order to keep the deadline for withdrawing from the contract, it is sufficient for the Consumer to send information on the exercise of the right of the consumer to withdraw from the contract before the deadline for withdrawal from the contract.
- In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the Seller shall return to the Consumer all payments received from the Consumer immediately, not later than 14 days from the day on which the Seller was informed about the right to withdraw from the contract.
- If the Consumer has chosen the method of delivery of the item other than the cheapest method of delivery offered by the Seller, the Seller is not obliged to refund the additional costs incurred by the Consumer.
- If the Seller has not offered to collect the item from the Consumer himself, he may withhold the return of payments received from the Consumer until he receives the item back or the Consumer provides proof of its return, depending on which event occurs first.
- The consumer bears the direct cost of returning the item.
- The consumer is liable for a decrease in the value of things as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of things.
§ 8 – Responsibility for defects
- The seller is obliged to provide the buyer with a product free from defects.
- The Seller is liable to the Buyer if the product has a physical or legal defect (warranty for defects).
- The scope and principles of liability (warranty) for defects are regulated by the provisions of art. 556 – 576 of the Civil Code. On the terms set out in these regulations, the Buyer may, among others demand removal of the defect, replacement of the item with one free from defects, submit a statement about price reduction or withdrawal from the contract.
- If the Buyer finds a defect in the product, he should inform the Seller about it, at the same time specifying his claim related to the defect found or by submitting a statement of appropriate content.
- The buyer may use the model complaint form available under https: // …………, however, it is not mandatory.
- The Seller will address the complaint submitted by the Buyer within 14 days from the date of delivery of the complaint by means of a means of communication with which the complaint was submitted.
- Before sending a complaint, the Buyer may contact the technical service provided by the Seller in order to analyze whether the problem can not be eliminated by following the instructions given remotely.
§ 9 – Personal data and cookies
§ 10 – Out-of-court ways to handle complaints and redress
- The Seller agrees to submit any disputes arising in connection with the concluded contracts through mediation. Details will be determined by the parties to the conflict.
- The consumer has the opportunity to use extrajudicial methods of dealing with complaints and redress. Among other things, the Consumer has the option of:
1) apply to a permanent amicable consumer court with a motion to settle the dispute arising from the concluded contract,
2) ask the provincial inspector of the Trade Inspection to initiate mediation proceedings regarding the amicable settlement of the dispute between the Consumer and the Seller,
3) use the help of poviat (municipal) consumer rights advocate or social organization, whose statutory tasks include consumer protection.
- For more detailed information on extrajudicial ways of dealing with complaints and redress, the Consumer may search on the website http://www.polubowne.uokik.gov.pl.
- The consumer may also use the ODR platform, which is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. The platform serves the purpose of settling disputes between consumers and entrepreneurs striving for out-of-court settlement of a dispute regarding contractual obligations arising from an online sales contract or a contract for the provision of services.
§ 11 – Other provisions
- The Seller reserves the right to enter and cancel offers, promotions and to change the prices of products in the Store, without prejudice to the rights acquired by the Buyer, including in particular the terms of contracts concluded before the change.
- The Seller reserves the right to make changes to the Regulations. Contracts concluded prior to the amendment to the Regulations shall be governed by the Regulations in force at the date of conclusion of the contract.
- Buyers who have an account in the Store on each change to the Regulations will be notified by email to the email address assigned to the account. If the content of the new Regulations is not accepted, the Buyer has the right to terminate the account agreement at any time by deleting the account or submitting to the Seller an appropriate statement, in any form, about the termination of the account agreement.
- These Regulations shall apply from ……………
- All archival versions of the Regulations are available for download in .pdf format – links are found below the Regulations.